Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Please Help with my N20 JRSC setup!!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Hyper_Racer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 6th, 2000
    Posts
    23
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Hi, I've seen a couple of posts with people who have sucessfully used N20 with their JRSC setup. My setup is 97 GSR with JRSC @ 6psi, I/E/H, ect, Well I finally decieded to try it myself (with a 30 shot DRY NOS) and I can't figure out whats wrong. I tried spraying for the first time tonight and once the n20 activated, it jumped, then bogged and I hear "putting" sound from the exhaust, I watched my FP gauge and it stayed at 85 the whole time. Does anyone know what is going on? I know the N20 is spraying into the intake because the "putting" only happened when I had the NOS switch on and at wide open throttle.. I hope someone can help shed some light on the subject. thanks!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member VaporTrail's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 26th, 2000
    Posts
    215
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    if you've got a dry system, and your fuel pressure did not rise when you engaged the system, then you did not install your kit properly. Fuel pressure rises to compensate with fueling in dry kits...and your fuel pressure is pretty high as is. Keep an eye on your fp gauge as well as a very keen and sharp eye on your plugs. You'll also want to retard your timing an additional 2-4 degrees...HTH

    ------------------
    -JG-
    -1994 Civic EX-
    -Turbo and 2.0 buildup in process-
    -vapor-trail.net-

  3. #3
    Inactive Member SuperTeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    328
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Do you really have to retard the timing that much for a 25 shot? I've heard that for every 25 you must retard the timing 1 deg. I would think that 2 would be acceptable.

    ------------------
    As long as its fast!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Hyper_Racer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 6th, 2000
    Posts
    23
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Red face

    I have the timing set at 7deg just to be safe. Well today I deceided to try another run, I think my FPR might be taking a crap on me because I saw the FP gauge goto 0 everytime it putted, but then I made another run and it putted again and the FP gauge was pegged at 80. I'm gonna try new FPR and new injectors...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •